Engagement Advisor (Community and Stakeholder Advisor)
Reporting to: Community and Stakeholder Manager
Deliver the plan for engaging with communities and their representatives affected by the HS2 project, and manage external stakeholder relationships in order to support organisational objectives.
- Deliver the engagement plan to ensure stakeholders are aware of the project; its benefits and local impacts; the support HS2 Ltd provides to communities affected; and how they can get involved in the development of the railway.
- Develop and manage relationships with local authority engagement officers and key community leaders and representatives to achieve engagement objectives and to develop a strong understanding of the local community.
- Organise, facilitate and contribute to community group and stakeholder meetings and events, in the HS2 Phase Two region, in line with Health and Safety and Equalities policies, to achieve the engagement plan objectives.
- Maintain records of engagement, follow up on all actions and correspondence to preserve stakeholder relationships.
- Support stakeholder relationships, responding to stakeholder correspondence and queries, seeking the appropriate internal expertise to provide responses where necessary.
- Work with other directorates and functions to ensure coordination of stakeholder engagement and messaging.
- Prepare briefing materials and represent HS2 Ltd alongside ministers and senior management to support wider communications and stakeholder objectives.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to promote knowledge and understanding of community views and concerns within the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Intermediate experience in a public?facing role, including time in a challenging and complex environment and a demonstrable track record of working with local communities and/or their representatives.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including at face to face meetings and events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to absorb record, organise and analyse large quantities of complex information and to relay this in an appropriate way to local stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines. 3.6 Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of community engagement in local government, major public sector infrastructure or environmentally based projects would be desirable.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders at all levels is critical to the success of this role.
- Flexibility & willingness to respond positively to uncertainty and change.
- Requires frequent travel within the HS2 Phase Two region and remote working.
- Requires strong personal resilience in a challenging and dynamic environment, as well as awareness of and sensitivity to local and national political issues.
Health And Safety
- Take reasonable care to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role – by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 S.A.F.E programme principles.
- Co?operate with HS2 in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times and not interfering with measures in place to protect your health, safety or welfare.
- Advocate and promote the company’s well?being strategy and policies