We are looking for an experienced design engineer to join our office in Suffolk to assist with the development and growth of the UK business.
The successful candidate should be experienced in the design and application of protection & control systems to HV transmission systems, distribution networks and power stations, and participate in factory acceptance testing where necessary. Additionally, it is expected that the candidate will possess working knowledge of individual relay designs, commissioning methodologies and be experienced in UK practices.
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Extensive Protection and Control experience in an Electrical engineering role, ideally holding National Grid TP141 and/or Contract Design Approval Engineer (CDAE) design authorisation.
- Conversant with Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities under CDM regulations.
- A good knowledge of other design disciplines would be advantageous, e.g. HV Plant.
- Conversant and working experience with electronic drawing packages such as AutoCad.
- Completion of a BESC assessment or able to undertake assessment.
- Authorisation as a PERSON under National Grid Safety rules or able to undertake assessment.
- Educated to degree level and Chartered Engineer status (or working towards).
- Excellent Communication skills.
Enhanced experience (not essential):
- Good understanding of fault calculations, protections settings and application thereof, ideally holding National Grid TP141 authorisation.
- Ideally holding Principal Designer status including experience.
Key duties to include:
- Contributing and review of functional design specifications prior to submission.
- Finalising protection & control schematics for both generic and project applications.
- Providing Client / Supplier design interface and management.
- Contribution to tender returns, equipment specifications, method statements & commissioning documentation.
- Review and management of protection setting calculations where applicable.
- Contribution to project engineering / technical specification preparation.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, proactive and possess a positive attitude to health and safety especially within the design process.
You should also be able to work within a team environment and be able to undertake management of the design process through the role of Lead CDAE on specific projects.